A fake Medieval badge produced in the 19th century. Known as "Billies and Charlies".
Circular metal badge with a square arch shaped attachment at the top. The King's head and text around the side. On the reverse has two figures holding staffs in the middle and text and the year 1011 at the top. Bronze/green colour.
Book - 'Henley on Thames: town, trade and river' by Simon Townley.
Published by Phillimore as part of the England's Past for Everyone project in association with the Heritage Lottery Fund, Victoria County History, Institute of Historical Research.