A section of window pane engraved with latin text. Found buried in the Fawley Court time capsule, originally buried in 1731 and excavated in 1932.
The Fawley Court Time Capsule was buried in 1731 by John Freeman, of Fawley Court. It included a collection of domestic items and tableware used in the kitchens and dining room of Fawley Court in a specially created mound in the grounds of Henley Park. The mound, erroneously believed to be a prehistoric barrow, was excavated in 1932.