A black and white photograph of the excavation of the mound containing the Fawley Court time capsule in 1932. It was originally buried in 1731.
The Fawley Court Time Capsule was buried in 1731 by John Freeman, of Fawley Court. It included a collection of domestic items and tableware used in the kitchens and dining room of Fawley Court in a specially created mound in the grounds of Henley Park. The mound, erroneously believed to be a prehistoric barrow, was excavated in 1932.