Object Detail


Object Name
bottle
Description
A green wine bottle with a seal bearing 'J Freeman' in embossed letters, found in the Fawley Court time capsule.

The Fawley Court Time Capsule was buried in 1731 by John Freeman, of Fawley Court. It included a collection of domestic items and tableware used in the kitchens and dining room of Fawley Court in a specially created mound in the grounds of Henley Park. The mound, erroneously believed to be a prehistoric barrow, was excavated in 1932.
Accession No
1997.41.7
Collection
Henley
Associated Person
Associated Date
1731
1932
Associated Period
18th century
20th century
Date
Pre 1731

 Share